• 100% Carbon Fiber
• Fully cored PVC foam and NomexTM honeycomb
• Fully vacuum bagged wet preg all laminates and core
• Vinylester resin
• PlexusTM methyl methacrylate adhesives
• Awl-GripTTM polyurethane
• Cook ArmorcoteTM in mold coating
• Through-bolted and bonded hull/deck joint
• Hatch constructed in multi piece tooling providing a polished carbon interior to insure a 100% seal against the gasket
• Stainless steel chrome plated hardware thru-bolted with stainless steel/nylon locknuts
• 4.5” stainless steel pop-up cleat on foredeck
• Flush stainless steel hinges
• Stainless steel bow and stern eyes. All anodized aluminum or 316.
The Willet was developed through several years of on-the-water testing in our quest for the perfect minimalist skiff.
• Convex sections forward provide effortless poling, low resistance, zero hull noise, extremely smooth ride, range and versatility while providing third person carrying capability.
• Stability is enhanced by waterline length, low deadrise angles and a close relationship between chine beam and overall beam.
• Lower freeboard not only keeps sail area down and minimizes weight, along with a slightly cambered running surface, it guarantees maneuverability and tracking on the push pole second to none - even when it is howling.
• An oversized spray knocker and horizontal surface at the sheer provide extreme “overhang” in the forward sections, keeping the ride very dry - even in a beam sea the four strakes below the waterline turn the spray down and aft.
• Extreme ultra shallow draft performance with the propeller above the hull bottom are guaranteed with NewWater’s exclusive LamiflowTM tunnel desig.n
• The low resistance and light weight provide speeds of 25 mph with a 25hp outboard.
• Careful weight studies were conducted throughout the development to assure ultra shallow poling with even keel performance.